Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Joan Rivers' sister dies

Joan Rivers' sister has died.



The Fashion Police star has been left grief-stricken by the passing of

her sibling, lawyer Barbara Waxler, and has cancelled her 80th

birthday celebrations following the bereavement.



Rivers had planned a party for 300 people at the Metropolitan Club in

New York on Wednesday night to celebrate her reaching the milestone

age, but has postponed the bash, the New York Post newspaper reports.



Joan, who turns 80 on Saturday, has previously praised her family for

encouraging her sense of humour, particularly noting how comical her

sister was despite her high-pressure job.



'There is nothing I won't do'



"My father was a doctor and he was so funny people would laugh until

they died. And my sister is a lawyer but she has great humour. And my

grandson, Edgar, is funny and Melissa. You learn to see things

crooked. When the whole family laughs at funny things it makes a big

difference," Joan said.



The feisty comedian - real name Joan Alexandra Molinsky - has also

revealed she "can't afford" to stop working and admits she will do

anything to be in the limelight.



Joan, who has daughter Melissa with her late husband Edgar, added; "I

can't afford to stop. If I'm not working, money doesn't come in.

Barbra Streisand said 'I sit in the bathtub and I'm making money in

Hong Kong.' Well, I figured out that I get $7 a joke, but I love it.



"There is nothing I won't do for publicity. Humiliation does not exist

in my vocabulary. I never had the cushion to say, 'I won't do that.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment