Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Selena Gomez wants to quit singing and focus on acting

Selena Gomez will quit singing to focus on acting.

The 20-year-old singer plans to take an extended break from music

after her "Stars Dance" world tour this summer in order to concentrate

on her film career, which took off last year thanks to her role in

Spring Breakers.



Asked whether she had plans to stop singing, she said; "Yeah, probably

for a while, I wanna get more into film. I'm open to trying new

things.



"I just did an action movie and a dark comedy and then a drama so I've

been able to do really fun projects that are different."



Super secretive tour



The brunette star also teased some details of her super secretive

tour, revealing her biggest priority is to get into shape in order to

keep up with the energetic dance routines she has planned.



"This is my first world tour so I definitely need to get in shape,

that's the first thing I need to do. But it's always been my dream to

tour the world and actually give myself to my fans the show they

deserve.



"There's no planned [guests] right now. Just for this tour overall I'm

doing a lot more dancing which I didn't really do on my last tour, the

costumes are going to be a lot more detailed. Basically I'm going to

be performing the whole new record," she explained in a live video

hangout with French radio station NRJ.



Selena also admitted she hasn't yet chosen a support act for the

European leg of her tour, and is open to suggestion for talented

singers or bands.



"I have Emblem 3 who are from the X Factor in America, in Europe we

actually haven't picked an opener yet so am open to suggestion," she

said.



Could this be a reason to avoid claims that Selena Gomez doesn't

really have a singing voice like Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato?

No comments:

Post a Comment