Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beyonce opens up about her miscarriage

Beyonce lives a charmed life as a

superstar singer, actress and mother

of the most beloved baby in

Hollywood -- but even Beyonce isn't

immune to tragedy.



In her new HBO documentary, "Life Is

But a Dream,"

the 31-year-old singer opens about

about the miscarriage she suffered

before she became pregnant with

Blue Ivy.



Although Jay-Z did reference their

tragic loss in the song "Glory"

when he rapped, "Last time the

miscarriage was so tragic/We was

afraid you'd disappear/But nah baby

you magic," Beyonce has never

spoken about it until now.



"About two years ago, I was pregnant

for the first time. And I heard the

heartbeat, which was the most

beautiful music I ever heard in my

life," the singer revealed in one

scene. According to Us Weekly,

Beyonce explains that she and Jay-Z

were ecstatic about the pregnancy

, and had already picked out names.



"I envisioned what my child would

look like ... I was feeling very

maternal," she said in the

documentary. But in the middle of

their excitement something went

wrong and the singer learned during

a check-up that there was no

heartbeat.



The singer dealt with the crushing

blow, the only way she could --

through her music.

"I went into the studio and wrote the

saddest song I've ever written in my

life ... And it was the best form of

therapy for me, because it was the

saddest thing I've ever been

through," she explained.



The star would go on to have a

successful pregnancy with Blue Ivy,

who she gave birth to last January.



"Being pregnant was very much like

falling in love. You are so open. You

are so overjoyed. There's no words

that can express having a baby

growing inside of you, so of course

you want to scream it out and tell

everyone," she said.



Expect Beyonce to get even more

personal in "Life Is But a Dream,"

airing Feb. 16 on HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment