Friday, February 8, 2013

Cissy Houston slams Clive Davis for invite

Whitney Houston's

mother is furious after being invited

to the same party her daughter was

due to attend before she died.



Cissy Houston thinks it is "obscene"

that the singer's friend and mentor

Clive Davis has asked her along to

his annual pre-Grammy Awards bash,

which last year took place at the Beverly Hilton hotel hours after the

I Will Always Love You hitmaker - who

had been scheduled to perform at the event - was discovered dead in

her bathtub in the same building.



Cissy told Access Hollywood:



"I got an invitation to the party, which is the most obscene thing. I don't

know why they would want me to

come to the party in which she died,

you know? Unheard of. I guess

maybe he just sent me a copy for

remembrance sake."



'Her industry father'



However, Whitney's brother Gary Houston and his wife Pat - who was the

late star's manager - feel differently and plan to attend the party.



Pat told Entertainment Tonight:



"[Clive] was such an important part of Whitney's life. I mean, that was

her industry father and he really, really was.



"My husband and I will definitely be

there this weekend to support Clive.



Absolutely."

Last year, 80-year-old Clive - who discovered Whitney when she was

just 20 years old - gave a tearful speech at the party about his

famous

friend.



He said: "I don't have to mask my emotions. Not in front of this room

full of so many dear friends.



"I do have a very heavy heart and I am personally devastated by the

loss of someone who has meant so

much to me for so many years.

Whitney was so full of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment